Job Opening: Senior Web Application Developer – PHP / Zend Framework
Delta Systems Group is hiring WordPress developers
Do you have a passion for helping companies? Are you skilled in WordPress, PHP, PostgreSQL, MySQL, XML, Zend Framework? Delta Systems, an online application development company headquartered in Columbia, Missouri with employees in Illinois, Michigan, Oregon and North Carolina, offers an exciting and high-energy work environment. As a rapid application development company, we minimize over-engineering and empower you to make decisions and manage tasks.
Since 1986, Delta has been building tracking systems for everything from napkins to insurance policies, from golf courses to hot dog ingredients, from horse ailments to yoga certifications, and from blood donors to paddlefish. Building online applications and data management systems that are intuitive yet powerful is our specialty.
Delta Systems has been named “one of Mid-Missouri’s foremost web design and support firms” by the Columbia Daily Tribune and “a premier providers of computing solutions” by the Columbia Business Times. Our employees enjoy many freedoms and benefits. We do group coding weekly for reviews and single-project focusing to knock out features, do some spec work, or just to put an app together to find and fix issues quickly. Free lunch-and-learn sessions provide opportunities for ongoing training.
Delta Systems employees exemplify professionalism in every aspect of client relations and work.
We’ve helped over 900 companies in the past 27 years, here is a sample client list:
Harvard Business School
Arm & Hammer
University of Missouri
University of California
State Farm Insurance
Missouri State Teachers Association
Several Chambers of Commerce
Several Film Festivals
Dozens of Startups
Typical daily activities:
* Work along other senior developers to provide PHP programming and functionality for a wide variety of consumer related websites, intranets, extranets, and web-based applications
* Be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in new and creative ways
* Design, evaluate, update, and maintain object oriented applications in PHP
* Design, evaluate, update, and maintain complicated database schemas in PostgreSQL, mySQL and SQL Server
* Share your opinions and insights with business leaders on a daily basis in order to affect rapid decision cycles and effective solutions to business requirements
- Paid by the hour (work 32 or 40 hours a week)
- Flex time – If you like working from 7am to 3pm or 3pm to 11pm great!
- Health Insurance, 85% paid by employer
- SIMPLE retirement plan with corporate matching
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Free soda, tea, coffee and occasional lunches.
- Development environments: Ubuntu, Windows, or Mac, whichever
- We’ll pay for applicable certification exams
- Subscription to O’Reilly Media
- Enjoy “Virtual Tuesdays”; you can work from anywhere you want.
- Dress is casual – jeans and t-shirts are just fine. When meeting with clients, we expect business appropriate attire and demeanor.
What we look for in you:
* 2 years of solid PHP and MySQL/PostgreSQL
* Experience with a MVC framework (Zend Framework, Cake, Symphony, Codeigniter)
* Capabilities in working with WordPress, Drupal, Expression Engine, Joomla, etc
* The ability to translate business requirements into system design.
* Develop solutions based on organizational and users’ needs, strategies, and goals, including recommending improvements based on researching and evaluating web software.
* Successful track record of working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
* Exceptional debugging skills
* Experience with Version Control Systems (subversion, github, etc)
* Zend PHP and/or Zend Framework Certification: If you’re not already certified, be expected to work towards obtaining certification. We’ll even pay for the first test.
BONUS Talents Sought:
* Know your way around Basecamp
* Experience deploying to a load-balanced environment
* Experience with the Zend Framework
* Ability to administer Linux servers running CentOS
* Familiarity with Xdebug
* Linux Server administration experience
* Know your way around Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud, etc.
* Know your way around Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.
* eCommerce platform experience (Magento, etc)
* Zend PHP5 Certified
* Zend Framework Certified
Do not apply if you:
* are “learning” PHP and want some experience
* are representing a company and want us to outsource to you
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.
This job will also be posted on Craigslist, dice.com, Indeed.com, etc when we get around to it.