Technical Project Manager at Delta Systems
(Application form is at the bottom of this post)
Delta Systems Group is looking for a full-time Technical Project Manager (TPM) to join our team, preferably at our Columbia, MO headquarters. As a TPM, you will be responsible for efficiently strategizing and communicating technical concepts and system functions to internal and external clients. Technical Project Managers see pathways to solutions of highly complex technical issues and are key leaders in conceptualizing and sourcing the best solutions. These technical experts thrive in a positive, fast-paced team environment working to meet a common goal.
Your responsibilities include engaging these internal and external customers and other program managers to identify service interdependencies, create service plans, and work closely with development teams throughout Delta Systems to deliver our products and services into the hands of our customers. The successful applicant will need excellent technical project management skills and extensive experience in leading diverse, cross-functional, geographically separated teams. You will also need to be a strong leader with the ability to communicate clearly and compellingly at all levels of the company.
Come join our startup culture, wear many hats, and work smart while adapting and iterating to build solutions for a diverse set of customers. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves and join a tightly knit team that is tackling interesting and challenging opportunities.
Candidates for this opportunity must
- Have a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional experience. Preferably, this degree would be in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, or a similar technical field. However, some of our best employees have degrees in Music, Journalism, and English.
- Have a passion for managing technical projects and seeing projects come through.
If you used to be a programmer but have moved into project/client management, this job is for you!
- Technical savvy and the ability to lead by working with internal and external clients to define project requirements and expectations
- Business aptitude for partnering with Delta Systems Group programmers and consultants to create solutions to technical issues
- Ability to take charge and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure that the proper systems and processes are developed and implemented perfectly and on time to meet client requirements
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, product development, and project management
- High level understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Internet, Intranet, Extranet, and associated architectures
- Knowledge of popular CMS and eCommerce platforms
- Ex: WordPress, WooCommerce, Magento, etc
- Ability to plan and prepare written communication
- Ability to watch and report on budgets and deadlines
- Ability to work with groups to build consensus
- Ability to maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Since 1986, Delta has been building tracking systems for everything from napkins to insurance policies, from golf courses to hot dog ingredients, from horse ailments to yoga certifications, and from blood donors to paddlefish. Building online applications and data management systems that are intuitive and powerful is our specialty.
Delta Systems has been named “one of Mid-Missouri’s foremost web design and support firms” by the Columbia Daily Tribune and “a premier provider of computing solutions” by the Columbia Business Times.
Our employees enjoy many freedoms and benefits. We do group coding weekly for reviews, as well as single-project focusing to knock out features, do some spec work, or just to put an app together to find and fix issues quickly. Free lunch-and-learn sessions provide opportunities for ongoing training.
Delta Systems employees exemplify professionalism in every aspect of client relations and work.
Delta Systems Group hires people who bring energy, enthusiasm, and the right talents to our unique workplace. Our team consists of self-starters with a mission to achieve great things and to contribute to problem-solving ideas and concepts that are rooted in research and intelligence. Through hard work and collaboration, Delta Systems Group associates strive to build great relationships inside and outside the company.
Delta Systems is a custom software development company headquartered in Columbia, Missouri with employees in 7 states, and offers an exciting environment to work with modern technologies. As a rapid application development company, we minimize over-engineering and empower you to make decisions and manage tasks.
- Paid by the hour or salaried (let’s talk about your needs)
- Flex time – If you like working from 7am to 3pm or 10am to 7pm, great!
- Health Insurance, ~80% paid by employer
- SIMPLE retirement plan with corporate matching
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick leave
- Free drinks, tea, coffee and occasional lunches.
- Your choice of development environment: Linux, Mac, Windows
- We’ll pay for applicable certification exams
- Corporate subscription to resources like O’Reilly Media, Frontend Masters, Safari Books
- Enjoy “Virtual Tuesdays”; work from anywhere you want without meeting interruptions
- Casual dress code – jeans and t-shirts are just fine. When you are meeting with clients we expect business appropriate attire and demeanor.