Job Opening: Web Designer / Front-End Developer
Delta Systems is looking for another self-motivated and enthusiastic web designer / front-end developer to join our team. You will be responsible for designing and developing websites and user interfaces for web-based applications. Strong creative and design sense, ability work efficiently in a team, and ability to communicate directly with the client are key. You will be expected to read and interpret client design briefs, translate their ideas into complete website mock-ups, and cut and code those designs into static HTML/CSS templates. Anything you can do beyond that is gravy. And we love gravy.
The ideal candidate will have real passion for the web and always keeps an eye on emerging technologies. You will be working closely in a team of highly skilled web developers that are scattered across the United States. If you can design it, they can make it a reality.
- Strong web design portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in something (if it’s something related to graphic/interactive design, even better!)
- Proven experience designing for client needs
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS
- Strong understanding of User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX) principles
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Understand and practice web standards
- Ability to work on multiple projects is essential
- Experience working with a modern CMS
- Experience templating for WordPress is a huge plus
- Strong understanding of HTML5/CSS3
- Experience with PHP would be nice, but not expected
- You know your way around Basecamp
- You are used to keeping detailed, client-friendly time records
- You have a dribbble.com account
- You have a GitHub account
Since 1986, Delta has been building tracking systems for everything from napkins to insurance policies, from golf courses to hot dog ingredients, from horse ailments to yoga certifications, and from blood donors to paddlefish.
Building online applications and data management systems that are intuitive yet powerful is our specialty.
Delta Systems has been named “one of Mid-Missouri’s foremost web design and support firms” by the Columbia Daily Tribune and “a premier providers of computing solutions” by the Columbia Business Times. Our employees enjoy many freedoms and benefits. We do group coding weekly for reviews and single-project focusing to knock out features, do some spec work, or just to put an app together to find and fix issues quickly. Free lunch-and-learn sessions provide opportunities for ongoing training.
Delta builds award winning websites.
Delta Systems employees exemplify professionalism in every aspect of client relations and work.
Typical daily activities:
- Work along other senior developers to provide PHP programming and functionality for a wide variety of consumer related websites, intranets, extranets, and web-based applications
- Be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in new and creative ways
- Design, evaluate, update, and maintain object oriented applications in PHP
- Design, evaluate, update, and maintain complicated database schemas in PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Share your opinions and insights with business leaders on a daily basis in order to affect rapid decision cycles and effective solutions to business requirements
- Paid by the hour
- Flex time – If you like working from 7am to 3pm or 3pm to 11pm great!
- Health Insurance, 90% paid by employer
- SIMPLE retirement plan with corporate matching
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Free soda, tea, coffee and occasional lunches.
- Development environments: Ubuntu, Windows, or Mac, whichever
- We’ll pay for applicable certification exams
- Subscription to O’Reilly Media
- Enjoy “Virtual Tuesdays”; you can work from anywhere you want without meeting interruptions
- Dress is casual – jeans and t-shirts are just fine. When meeting with clients, we expect business appropriate attire and demeanor.
Email resumes to email@example.com
Please no phone calls.
This job will also be posted on Craigslist, dice.com, Indeed.com, etc when we get around to it.