As you may have heard, WordPress v3.2 is now available. With this update, the WordPress 3.2 minimum system requirements were also increased.
Unfortunately, for some website hosting providers, upgrading from MySQL 4.0 to 5.0 may not be an option. This will eventually leave your site without the ability to upgrade plug-ins and apply security patches.
How is Delta Web Hosting Different?
- Our cloud-based website hosting servers are ready to host WordPress 3.2 sites.
- We’ve had MySQL 5.0 running on them for quite some time.
- As with previous WordPress updates, we will help all our clients climb into WordPress 3.2.
- All we need is a quick phone call and approval to upgrade your site
- Your website is backed up every 4 hours
- Server image snapshots are taken often
Learn More About What’s New in WordPress 3.2
Taken from the WordPress official blog:
The focus for this release was making WordPress faster and lighter. The first thing you’ll notice when you log in to 3.2 is a refreshed dashboard design that tightens the typography, design, and code behind the admin. (Rhapsody in Grey?) If you’re starting a new blog, you’ll also appreciate the fully HTML5 new Twenty Eleven theme, fulfilling our plan to replace the default theme every year. Start writing your first post in our redesigned post editor and venture to the full-screen button in the editing toolbar to enter the new distraction-free writing or zen mode, my personal favorite feature of the release. All of the widgets, menus, buttons, and interface elements fade away to allow you to compose and edit your thoughts in a completely clean environment conducive to writing, but when your mouse strays to the top of the screen your most-used shortcuts are right there where you need them.